vineri, 24 februarie 2012

Love me for me.

Don't wanna pick it up. I'm so scared. I'm gonna say too much. I tip toe around your questions. Why you gotta dig so deep?  Tears fall. It's alright.
I been trying and trying, hold my head up high. I been lying and lying, keeping it all inside, trying not to trust you. I'm broke.
I'm done. I give up. I don't wanna pretend no more. That's it. So what? I've lost a friend before. Gonna say it like it is. No more wondering "what if". That ain't the way you oughta live 'cause I don't want you to love me if you don't wanna love me for me.
You're so far from my reality. I got problems, I got issues. Sometimes it's all too much for me. Wrap it up with a pretty little bow, but there are some things you can't see. Give it to you anyway, even though it won't taste so sweet.
 I been trying and trying. Hold my head up high. I been lying and lying. Keeping it all inside, maybe I could trust you.
Sick of all the fighting, all the slamming of the doors, the pain, the parents, too deep you know. Step back, just step back. Can you see it through my eyes? I know, I know maybe it's a surprise. Don't wanna be perceived for something that I'm not. Just wanna be accepted for the little that I got. If you could see me now, in my glass house, not ready to let you in.
I'm done, I give up. I don't want you to love me if you don't wanna love me for me .






Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."

-Oscar Wilde